HOMEABOUT MECONTACTGERMANYTRAVELFOOD & WINETHINGS I LOVELINE

August 25, 2014

Postcards From Sagrada Familia And Parc Guell

I don't think I was quite prepared for how blown away I was going to be when I visited Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell. This was definitely the highlight of our trip on the tourist trail.


Antonio Gaudi is one incredibly talented, eccentric and inspiring man. Undoubtedly, I have the Gaudi bug and I need to see more! I don't think I'll write much about this post, instead, I'll let the images tell their story.
Work commenced on Sagrada Familia in 1882. It's still going and is predicted to be completed in 20 years time.


Gaudi left extensive blue prints and detailed information on how the building's work should be carried out upon his passing. His original ideas are still being carried out in the work today
Parc Guell absolutely blew my mind away. So impressive!
The Entrance and Porter's Lodge




I love the tiling and use of colours. So unique and incredibly inspiring









The view of Sagrada Familia from Parc Guell puts the sheer enormity of the structure into perspective





Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell are both UNESCO heritage listed sites. I strongly recommend pre purchasing tickets for both, especially in summer. Depending on the depth of what you want to see, there are several different pricing options for additional tours and audio guides for both.

The standard entry fee for Sagrada Familia starts at €14.80 per adult and €7 for Parc Guell if you pre book online. You will have to nominate what time you wish to visit these sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover