HOMEABOUT MECONTACTGERMANYTRAVELFOOD & WINETHINGS I LOVELINE

May 20, 2014

Positano Dreaming.....(And An Apology!)

One week today, we will be arriving at the Jewel of the Amalfi Coast, Positano. To say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement.

This will be my first trip back to Italy in a decade and the first time Chris and I will have travelled there together which will be really special. Having Mum and Sue along for the ride will also be lots of fun, if their behaviour in Spain is anything to go by!


As shamefully cheesy as it is to admit, I've been playing the La Dolce Vita album in our apartment for the past 6 weeks as inspiration for the trip. I think I know the track listing off by heart and I'm sure Chris has been eagerly anticipating the trip as much as I have so he no longer has to listen to it.


We've got lots of fun adventures in the pipeline for the week and I can't wait to share some of the images and stories with you once we've returned. Fingers crossed the weather is as glorious as it has been in Germany, Frankfurt has really turned it on in the weather department the past few days.

Tomorrow I commence my 7 hour train journey (!!!) to Avignon, France to meet up with Mum and Sue. It sounds rather long but I bought plenty of trashy celebrity mags and books in London to keep me at bay! After a couple of days sightseeing, we move on to Nice for four nights with some side trips to Antibes & Monte Carlo. Coincidentally, the Grand Prix is on this weekend and Chris is more than just a little excited.

Just as a side note, an apology for being a bit MIA the past few weeks. It's been difficult to find the time to spend some time writing blogs with having visitors in town. We had a fabulous time in Alcudia, the weather was just perfect and it was great to have some chill out time (well, for those not participating in the 70.3 Ironman). Uncharacteristically, I didn't do ANY research on Mallorca and Alcudia itself, so I was pleasantly surprised to discover it is nothing like Magaluf (although I was keen to go there and watch some non stop party train wrecks!). This has maybe taught me a thing or two about not planning everything to the nth degree like I'm usually guilty of.

Once the travel dust has settled, I'll be able to fill you in with all the adventures and images from the past couple of weeks. 

In the meantime, look out for one of my posts that will be published tomorrow, about a German rite of passage that I was initiated into in a few months ago. You'll either find it highly amusing or highly disturbing! 

*Apologies in advance for all the revolting images that I'll be posting on Facebook and Instagram!*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover